Based on some really cool feedback from writers in my first trimester class, I am daring to re-imagine how we do our trimester in creative writing.
- We need to do a lot more creating and a little less critiquing.
- We need more conferencing and fewer rubrics, more questions, fewer grades.
- We need to grow a clearer sense of what makes us love/hate a piece of writing.
- We need to increase the words we have to talk about our work.
- We need to gain skills and confidence in our own voices, styles, and approaches.
I want this to become a studio space, an inspiring space, a try-stuff-out space.
I’m going to do everything I can to make that so.
I hope you’ll come with me on that journey.
Third trimester, Spring 2016.