Daily Warm Ups:
- Tuesday – “Shitty First Drafts” & Discuss
- Wednesday – The moment you knew you were no longer a child
- Thursday – The best (or worst) thing that could happen
- Friday – Deadline day! No warm up.
For these four days, you’ll be working on your Poetry Contract, which is due on Google Classroom by midnight on December 9 (Friday). Remember you need to turn in the actual contract copy as well.
This week I’ll talk about…
- Using Google Classroom for Typing your poems (and why)
- Writing day structure & set up (names up, me around, computers out, you not waiting)
- What’s a conference and do I gotta? (It’s easy. And yes.)
The poetry contract consists of two parts:
- Revising and submitting at least 3 of the poems you wrote during our practice week (last week).
- Writing, revising, and submitting a number of NEW poems you committed to (some short, some medium, some long, depending on what promise you made).