Monday and Tuesday we are going to start looking at what it means to workshop.
Monday, you will take a look at the Workshop (Critique) tab (above). In particular, I’ll ask you to watch the video there, where Sarah Green from the Art Assignment introduces the etiquette of critique.
I’ll also ask you to read the links on that page:
- Shannon Hale’s Five Steps of giving feedback.
- From Red Ink to Published Book
- Ground Rules & Guidelines for Workshop
- Sample comments and how I’d assess them in a typical workshop
- Workshop Days (routine & prompts)
For each think you read/view about workshop, I want you to jot down what you notice in your writer’s notebook.
Tuesday, we’ll talk about what you learned.